Skip to main content Site map

Spring Lunch – Postponed


Stay up to date with the latest from The Air Charter Association and aviation industry news.

Back to news

11th March 2020

Spring Lunch – Postponed

It probably isn’t going to come as a big surprise to anyone that we’ve been working with Merchant Taylors’ Hall on the potential for COVID-19 to interfere with our plans for the Spring Lunch.

Having had many discussions over the past few days, the Board has decided – given the closing of the borders in Italy this week, the projections of increased cases over the next few weeks and the cancellation of other similar events – that we really have no alternative but to take the safest option and postpone the Spring Lunch on 1st April.

The last thing we all want, even with the best sanitation possible, is to spread the virus to 300 aviation professionals or have a very poorly attended event which would detract from the famous networking opportunities our events provide.

Merchant Taylors’ Hall is working on alternative dates for us, and we will aim to reschedule before the end of June 2020. Hopefully by then the reality of the spread of the virus will be more clear, but if there is a subsequent change in Government policy we will respond accordingly.

Obviously, if we were to run later than June we would then be into the summer holiday season and too close to our Excellence Awards, so we will keep a watchful eye on the situation over the coming weeks.

We would prefer to deal with cancellations once we have the new date confirmed, rather than create additional work at a very busy time.  Ticketholders will retain their places for the new date and the waitlist order will remain the same until then. If you wish to discuss this, please let us know.

In the unfortunate event that we have to cancel the lunch completely, we will of course refund all monies to sponsors and guests.

Obviously we very much want the event to go ahead and be a great success, so we will do our best to reschedule.

We hope you will understand our decision, which we feel is in the best interests of our sponsors, guests and members at the present time.

Sign-up to receive news & event information