Your application will be considered in the manner described in the Rules and you will be notified of the outcome in due course.
The membership fee is £30 GBP plus VAT up to 31 March 2020. Retired membership fee does not include Social Membership to The Baltic Exchange.
Please read the terms of payment below.
To renew your membership, please click here.
Retired Membership Application Form
The Air Charter Association Code of Practice
Member companies should ensure that their aviation related staff are fully aware of, and comply with, the contents and implications of the Air Charter Association Code of Practice.
(A) ALL MEMBERS WILL UNDERTAKE TO;
1. maintain the highest professional standards in their day-to-day business activities.
2. act fairly, reasonably, responsibly, honourably and ethically with each other and with their clients and colleagues, and not knowingly bring the Association into disrepute.
3. act within the legal and fiscal requirements of the states in which they conduct their business, and in accordance with international law and United Nations agreements.
4. not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexuality or disability.
5. handle complaints quickly and sympathetically, and correct errors promptly.
6. keep personal and sensitive business information confidential, and abide by the requirements of applicable data privacy and protection policies and legislation.
7. provide appropriate training for their staff wherever possible, and encourage employees to obtain relevant qualifications and maintain their professional skills.
8. when using a Broker to contract business on their behalf, pay the Broker an agreed commission. If a Member prefers to provide a price which does not include a commission then it will be assumed by the Broker that he has permission to establish his own price with a third party in lieu of such commission.
9. avoid quoting differing prices for what appears to be the same business, accepting that differences will occur if proposals are differently made.
(B) IN ADDITION, CHARTER BROKER MEMBERS WILL UNDERTAKE TO;
10. declare, when proposing a transaction, whether their role is to be as Principal or Broker.
11. declare early in any proposed transaction on behalf of which Principal they propose to act. This does not mean the Member has to identify the Principal at this stage, but the Member needs to establish that he/she will be acting as Broker on behalf of a Principal.
12. not exceed the authority given to them by their Principal and should act with due care and skill.
13. avoid conflicts of interest, to not make a secret profit and keep a full and proper account of any transaction.
14. avoid any misleading statements in advertising or publicity which suggest that the broker is an aircraft operator or owner when they are not so.
15. carry out due diligence, to their best endeavours, in order to establish that any operator they engage for a flight or flights is properly licensed, insured, documented and competent, and that the aircraft to be used is airworthy and properly maintained.
Please also refer to the Association Membership Rules