Stay up to date with the latest from The Air Charter Association and aviation industry news.
2nd July 2014
SaxonAir appointed as the UK sales representative for Nextant Aerospace
Nextant Aerospace (“Nextant”), maker of the Nextant 400XTi – the world’s only completely remanufactured business jet – and the G90XT turboprop, has announced an expansion of its European Sales Network with the appointment of Norwich based SaxonAir.
SaxonAir has been appointed as the exclusive Sales Representative for Nextant in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and Ireland. Later this year SaxonAir will add the UK’s first Nextant 400XTi to its operation. Remanufacturing is a big topic in the UK following the recent release of an All-Party Parliamentary report on the significant potential economic and environmental advantages of remanufacturing practices ‘Remanufacturing: Towards a Resource Efficient Economy 2014’.
“As the UK emerges from its austerity programs, there is a strong focus on value for money,” said Christopher Mace, SaxonAir Group Commercial Director. “The great thing about the 400XTi is that there is no trade-off between price and performance. The aircraft has already proven itself as great value for money, with private companies and as a charter aircraft.”
Nextant’s pioneering process for remanufacturing business jets is now recognised as an established technical and commercial success worldwide with significant sales in every major operator category and class-leading levels of comfort, performance, and reliability at a purchase price a fraction of comparable new aircraft.
Forming part of the Klyne Aviation Group, SaxonAir has continued its expansion into specialist niche aviation areas and sees the creation of SaxonAir Aircraft Sales, a new dedicated aircraft sales division.
“SaxonAir Aircraft Sales and our agreement with Nextant Aerospace is creating exciting new opportunities within the group and sees the recruitment of new specialist staff to continue developing our aviation capability” Mace adds.
SaxonAir’s £7 mil GBP Business Aviation Centre headquarters in Norwich will provide showroom facilities for showcasing the Nextant aircraft products with development into wider support and service centre capability.
Notes to editors:
- SaxonAir operates on its own Civil Aviation Authority Air Operators Certificate (AOC), approval number GB2327 for the fixed wing operation and GB2425 for rotary.
- SaxonAir was established in April 2007 and was sold to Klyne Aviation in 2009, becoming part of the business portfolio under ownership of East Anglian business entrepreneur Roger Klyne. Under the Klyne Aviation Group ownership it has continued to develop the business significantly and expand the modern and varied aircraft fleet. The wide variety of aircraft available enables SaxonAir to provide their clients with a perfectly tailored private air travel service – a one-stop solution specifically designed to fulfil their individual needs.
- In 2010, SaxonAir was awarded a 10 year contract as the preferred handling agent for Norwich International Airport. The handling and flight support team at SaxonAir has since more than doubled to cope with the increased operational demand.
- In May 2011, SaxonAir moved into its multimillion pound purpose built Business Aviation Centre (BAC) headquarters at Norwich International Airport. It comprises a three-storey administration and passenger handling facility located between two large hangars. This first class new development was designed specifically to meet the needs of both private & business aviation industry and the offshore energy sector.
- In July 2012, SaxonAir was awarded a flight support contract with offshore helicopter operator Dancopter providing logistics support and handling which runs alongside existing contracts with operator NHV Helicopters and offshore provider Shell.
- SaxonAir also provides support services to private aircraft owners and other airline operators in continuing airworthiness management and line support maintenance.
- SaxonAir Charter Ltd operates in excess of 2,500 hours flying per annum of air charter throughout Europe, Russia, the Middle East and Africa.
- SaxonAir Flight Support Ltd now handles over 10,000 movements, 50,000 passengers and 700 tonnes of freight per annum.
- Its continuing success makes SaxonAir one of the fastest growing business aviation companies in the UK and a significant provider of aircraft services within the private air charter industry.
More pictures available on request
Nextant’s pioneering process for remanufacturing business jets is now recognized as an established technical and commercial success worldwide with significant sales in every major operator category and class-leading levels of comfort, performance and reliability at a purchase price half that of comparable aircraft. The revolutionary 400XTi light jet features Williams FJ44-3AP engines and the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21™ integrated flight deck. The same winning combination of the latest technology in remanufactured airframes is expected to repeat this success with the G90XT turboprop powered by next-generation GE H75 engines and an enhanced Garmin G1000® integrated flight deck.
Founded in 2007, Nextant is based in Cleveland, Ohio. Nextant is a Directional Aviation company.
For further information on this Press Release contact Rebecca Spinks, Commercial & Marketing Assistant.
Direct Tel +44 (0)1603 518231
Direct Email firstname.lastname@example.org